- Environmental Litigation, Contribution, and Cost Recovery
- Commercial Litigation
- Industrial Accidents, Catastrophic Releases, and Emergency Response
- Premises Liability
- Products Liability
- Toxic Tort Litigation
Baker · Wotring LLP
700 JPMorgan Chase Tower
600 Travis Street
(713) 980-1700 Main
(713) 980-1715 Direct
(713) 980-1701 Fax
J.D., The University of Texas Law School, with honors, 1987
B.S., Texas Christian University, magna cum laude, 1983
U.S. Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals
Eastern District of Texas
Northern District of Texas
Southern District of Texas
Western District of Texas
John Muir, a partner in the litigation section, focuses his practice on environmental litigation, including CERCLA cost recovery actions, property damage and mass personal injury claims arising from Superfund sites, product liability and premises liability cases and landfill permitting matters. Mr. Muir has experience in the investigation and litigation resulting from catastrophic explosions and in a broad range of personal injury, commercial, banking and first amendment litigation for corporate, individual and insurance clients. Mr. Muir has trial experience in state and federal court, and appellate experience in federal court. Mr. Muir graduated from Texas Christian University, magna cum laude, with a B.S. in Political Science in 1983. He graduated from the University of Texas Law School with honors in 1987. He is admitted to practice in the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals, and the U.S. District Court for the Southern, Eastern, Northern and Western Districts of Texas. Mr. Muir is a member of the Houston Bar Association, the American Bar Association, and the State Bar of Texas. Mr. Muir began his practice in 1987 with Liddell, Sapp, Zively, Hillard, LaBoon (now Locke, Liddell & Sapp), then worked at Mayor, Day, Caldwell & Keeton from 1991 until 2001 when he joined Baker · Wotring LLP at its inception.
- Dean's Book Award for the Highest Grade in Supreme Court Seminar, University of Texas Law School, 1987.
- Dean's Book Award for the Highest Grade in Wills and Estates, University of Texas Law School, 1986.
- Washington Internship Program, Center for Development Policy, Texas Christian University, 1981.
- Chancellor's Scholar, Texas Christian University, 1981-1983.
- Financial Accounting I Outstanding Student Award for having the highest average in all sections, Texas Christian University, 1980.
- Houston Bar Association Judiciary Committee, 1999.
- Texas Young Lawyers Association Law School Mock Trial Committee, 1990.
- Treasurer, Texas Christian University Freshman Honor Society, 1979.
700 JPMORGAN CHASE TOWER, 600 TRAVIS STREET, HOUSTON, TX 77002 TELEPHONE: 713.980.1700 FACSIMILE: 713.980.1701
COPYRIGHT 2017, Baker · Wotring LLP, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. LEGAL NOTICE