- Personal Injury Defense
- Healthcare, Medical, and Pharmaceutical Litigation
- Commercial Litigation
- Appellate Practice
- Environmental Litigation
- Railroad Liability
- Oil and Gas/Pipeline Practice
Baker · Wotring LLP
700 JPMorgan Chase Tower
600 Travis Street
(713) 980-1700 Main
(713) 980-1713 Direct
(713) 980-1701 Fax
J.D., University of Chicago Law School, with honors, 1991
A.B., Dartmouth College, magna cum laude, 1988
U.S. Supreme Court
U.S. Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals
Eastern District of Texas
Northern District of Texas
Southern District of Texas
Earnest W. Wotring
Earnest W. Wotring is a founding partner of Baker · Wotring LLP. He was born and raised in Edmond, Oklahoma and attended Dartmouth College from 1984-88, graduating magna cum laude. He graduated from the University of Chicago The Law School in 1991 with honors. After leaving law school, he clerked for Justice Nathan L. Hecht at the Supreme Court of Texas. Mr. Wotring represents clients at trial and on appeal in cases involving personal injury, medical malpractice, railroad litigation, complex environmental litigation, environmental statutory construction and regulation and commercial contract disputes. As lead appellate attorney, Mr. Wotring has argued in front of the Supreme Court of Texas, the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit, and the First, Ninth, Tenth and Fourteenth Courts of Appeal for the State of Texas. He has tried cases that included allegations of wrongful death, catastrophic injuries to children, employment discrimination, wrongful death at a railroad crossing, and breach of oil and gas contracts. Mr. Wotring has represented clients on the leading edge of such diverse areas of law as biomedical ethics and insurance coverage. Most recently, his pro bono work in the area of cutting-edge medical ethics was the feature story in Texas Rising Stars Superlawyer Magazine in an article entitled When Is It Right To Let a Baby Die?
- The First 24 Hours: Responding to a Crisis in Your Institution, Greater Houston Society of Healthcare Risk Management, February 2007.
- Issues Regarding the Withdrawal of Life-Sustaining Care, 18th Annual Health Law Conference, April 2006.
- Sexual Assault: Responding to a Crisis in Your Institution, American Society of Healthcare Risk Management, October 2006.
- Critical Response: The First 24 Hours, American Society of Healthcare Risk Management, October 2005.
- Issues Regarding the Withdrawal of Life-Sustaining Care, Houston Bar Association, September 2005.
- The Withdrawal of Care: Legal, Ethical, and Media Issues, Greater Houston Society of Healthcare Risk Management, June 2005.
- Nursing Malpractice Claims and Depositions, Texas Nursing Association, April 2005.
- Litigation and Trial Tactics, University of Houston Law Foundation, December 2003.
- Occurrence-Innocent Insured Pays Price for Guilty Third Party?, State Bar of Texas Insurance Section Annual Meeting, June 2002.
- Proper Remedies in Commercial Cases, 30th Annual Advanced Civil Trial Course, State Bar of Texas CLE, Dallas, Austin and Houston, Texas, 2007.
- Selected as a Top Lawyer for the People, H Texas Magazine, 2007.
- Selected as one of Houston's Top Lawyers, H Texas Magazine, 2005, 2006 and 2007.
700 JPMORGAN CHASE TOWER, 600 TRAVIS STREET, HOUSTON, TX 77002 TELEPHONE: 713.980.1700 FACSIMILE: 713.980.1701
COPYRIGHT 2018, Baker · Wotring LLP, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. LEGAL NOTICE